The story of the Sambhavna Clinic, a non-profit holistic health clinic in Bhopal, India, built to treat those injured by the Union Carbide toxic gas release in 1984. enlarge video
Newsletters and Digests
- May 2013
- Aug-Sep-Oct, 2012
- Jun-Jul, 2012
- December, 2011
- Aug-Sept, 2011
- Jun-Jul, 2011
- Mar-Apr, 2011
- Jan-Feb, 2011
- March 2012 — Are moves toward threshold-based chemicals risk assessment premature? (TTCs Part Three)
- February 2012 — Are TTCs the best way to reduce animal testing? (TTCs Part Two)
- January 2012 — Thresholds of Toxicological Concern: Evaluating an Initiative to Reduce Animal Testing (TTCs Part One)
- December 2011 — PFCs: A case study in favour of the precautionary principle
- November 2011 — The impasse on BPA: Different facts or different values?
- August 2011 — Are EDCs harmless because they are "swamped" by the body's own hormones?
- July 2011 — Assessing Risk Posed by Chemicals in Mixtures
- June 2011 — Selection Bias in Risk Assessment: a Model
- May 2011 — Could "Relevance" be a Source of Bias in Risk Assessment?
- April 2011 — Does scientific practice meet the needs of regulators?
- March 2011 — The Obesogen Hypothesis
- February 2011 — Chemicals and type-2 diabetes: a short history
- January 2011 — A better way of assessing health risks from chemicals
Subscribe to HCWH Regional Newsletters
Interested in finding out more about environmental health issues and events, green healthcare, and the work of Health Care Without Harm?
Health Care Without Harm and The Commonwealth Fund present a webinar based on the recent groundbreaking findings on how hospitals can achieve savings and reduce their carbon footprint through sustainability programs. This one-hour webinar draws on the findings of a recent Health Care Without Harm Research Collaborative/ Commonwealth Fund study, "Can Sustainable Hospitals Help Bend the Health Care Cost Curve?" which shows that savings from interventions to reduce energy use and waste, and achieve operating room supply efficiencies could exceed $5.4 billion over five years and $15 billion over 10 years for the health care sector. In addition to detailing the study findings, the webinar includes presentations from two health systems about why they chose to focus on sustainability and what challenges and rewards are in store.
- Energy Impact Calculator
What are your facility's energy health impacts and costs? What can you do to improve them?
- Learn about Practice Greenhealth and the Healthcare Clean Energy Exchange
- Green Guide for Health Care Report:
A Prescriptive Path to Energy Efficiency for Hospitals
download report (pdf) read abstract (pdf)
- Healthcare Energy Project Guidebook, designed to provide decision makers with knowledge about improving energy efficiency (pdf)